BOOKING AND RENTAL PERIODS
- PRICES ARE AS STATED AND INCLUDE BREAKDOWN RECOVERY AND COMPREHENSIVE INSURANCE.
- ALL RENTALS ARE SUBJECT TO AVAILABILITY.
- ONE DAY HIRE BEGINS AT 9AM AND ENDS AT 5PM or 8AM THE FOLLOWING DAY.
- WEEKEND HIRE STARTS FROM 9AM SATURDAY THROUGH TO 8.00PM MONDAY.
- MINIMUM RENTAL PERIOD ONE DAY.
BIKE HIRER CONDITIONS
- HIRERS MUST BE BETWEEN THE AGE OF 24 AND 79.
- ALL UK HIRERS MUST HAVE HELD A FULL VALID MOTORCYCLE LICENCE FOR AT LEAST TWO YEARS.
- INTERNATIONAL LICENCE HOLDERS MAY RIDE THE SAME CLASS OF MOTORCYCLE THAT THEY ARE ENTITLED TO RIDE AT HOME.
- UK HIRERS MUST PROVIDE THEIR PHOTO LICENCE AND TWO OTHER FORMS OF IDENTITY, ONE OF WHICH SHOULD INCLUDE THEIR UK ADDRESS (WITHIN 1 MONTH BANK STATEMENT, 3 MONTHS UTILITY BILL).
- OVERSEAS RESIDENTS MUST PROVIDE PASSPORT DETAILS AND AN UK ADDRESS.
- UNLESS AGREED IN ADVANCE WITH OUR INSURERS, THE INSURED MOTORCYCLE CANNOT BE HIRED OUT TO OR BE DRIVEN BY:
a) Any person(s) under the 24 years of age or any person over 79 years of age.
b) Any person(s) aged over 24 years of age who been disqualified from driving during the last 24 months or who have currently on their licence three or more convictions or any of the following offence codes in the last 5 years. Disregard “Spent” convictions, covered by the Rehabilitation of offenders Act 1974:
- Theft or unauthorised taking UT
- Drink or Drugs DR
- Dangerous Driving DR
- Driving whilst disqualified BA
- Licence LC
- Careless Driving CD
- Any equivalent offence in Northern Ireland
c) Any person(s) who has had less than 24 months regular driving experience of a Motorcycle as a full licensed rider under a licence issued in the United Kingdom in respect of any Insured Vehicle exceeding 250cc.
d) Any person(s) who has had less than 24 months recent and regular driving of a Motor Vehicle as a fully licensed rider and who holds a driving licence issued outside the United Kingdom but which is valid in the United Kingdom.
e) Any person(s) engaged in any of the following occupations:
- Food delivery services if the Insured Vehicle is used for business purposes
- Bookmakers, turf accountants, the gambling industry including amusement arcades, fruit machines, casinos or club employees
- Entertainment and related industries including fairground employees
- Professional sports
- Professional modelling
- Publicans or working in the licence trade
- Street trading &/or market trading
- Scrap metal merchants and dealing
- Diplomatic profession
- Courier or messenger
- An Undergraduate &/or student under 25 years of age
g) Any person(s) who have had their insurance declined and/or renewal refused and/or special insurance terms imposed as a result of claims experience and/or have had their insurance or cover cancelled by any Motor Insurer.
h) Any person(s) who has any criminal convictions.
i) Any person(s) who has any physical or mental defect, impairment of sight, hearing, heart, diabetic or epileptic condition or other complaint unless they have notified the DVLA and a licence has been issued and the conditions or restrictions to that licence are kept to.
j) Any person(s) who, whilst driving, have been involved in more than one fault accident during within a 3 year period immediately prior to hiring an Insured Vehicle.
- ALL MOTORSPORT ACTIVITIES INCLUDING TRACK DAYS, RACING, OFF ROAD TRIALS AND TIME TRIALS ARE PROHIBITED UNDER THIS HIRE AGREEMENT. COMMERCIAL USES SUCH AS COURIER, TAXI OR DELIVERY WORK ARE ALSO EXCLUDED. NON COMPLIANCE MAY RESULT IN THE INSURANCE COVER BEING VOIDED WHICH IN TURN WILL LEAVE THE HIRER LIABLE FOR ALL COSTS OF REPAIR OR REPLACEMENT OF THE MOTORCYCLE IF DAMAGED WHILST ON HIRE.
- YOU ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY FIXED PENALTIES, TOLLS AND SPEEDING/PARKING OFFENCES DURING THE HIRE PERIOD.
- YOU ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR THE SECURITY OF THE MOTORCYCLE DURING THE HIRE PERIOD INCLUDING ANY DAMAGES THAT MIGHT OCCUR DURING THE VEHICLE BEING PARKED UP. AND ALSO RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY DAMAGE TO THE TYRES OR PUNCTURES THAT RESULT IN THEIR REPLACEMENT.
- ALL MOTORCYCLES GO OUT WITH A FULL TANK OF FUEL, AND SHOULD BE RETURNED WITH A FULL TANK.
- All motorcycles are subject to a mileage allowance of 250 miles per day, WITHIN DEVON, SOMERSET AND CORNWALL, additional mileage over this limit will be subject to a charge of 15p per mile.
- Provided that all aspects of the Rental Agreement are observed by YOU, liability in respect of YOUR responsibilities is limited to a sum not exceeding the insurance excess.
PAYMENTS AND DEPOSITS
- BALANCE OF THE RENTAL FEE MUST BE PAID 14 DAYS BEFORE HIRE PERIOD, FAILURE TO PAY THE FULL AGREED RENTAL FEE ON TIME MAY RESULT IN CANCELLATION AND ANY DEPOSIT FORFITED.
- YOU MAY CANCEL THE BOOKING UP TO A MINIMUM OF 14 DAYS BEFORE THE DUE DATE. CANCELLATION BY YOU 14 DAYS BEFORE THE DUE DATE OF HIRE WILL RESULT IN THE HIRE DEPOSIT BEING WITHELD.
- PARTIAL REFUNDS CANNOT BE GIVEN FOR EARLY RETURNS.
- A PRO RATA HIRE FEE OR CALL-OUT FEE MAY BE CHARGED ON ANY LATE RETURNS.
- When you pick up the motorcycle we will take a security deposit from you in the form of a pre authorisation against your credit or debit card. When you sign the rental agreement you are also authorising Union Road Moto-Velo to debit your card for any additional charges that you incur (for example in respect of additional mileage, rental extension, loss, theft, damage, unpaid fines etc.)
- Your deposit will be released after the motorcycle and other hired equipment have been returned safely and fully inspected by us.
IN THE EVENT OF AN ACCIDENT OR BREAKDOWN
If you have an accident during the hire, after you have dealt with any inJries, take note of the details of any other parties involved and any available witnesses. Then call us to advise us of the incident and the details of what has happened. Photographs of the scene are also helpful if you can SAFELY take some.
- You are not authorised to admit liability to anything on behalf of our insuers.
- In the event of accident you are fully covered by our insurance.
- If you have a breakdown or lose your keys etc. you are covered by our Breakdown Assistance service.
- In the event of an accident you may be liable to us for additional costs of repair, loss, damage or recovery etc.
- Repairs will only be carried out by our authorised mechanics ON our INSTRUCTIONS.
- After any incident, if the motorcycle is unusable or is unrepairable during your hire, we offer neither refund, nor replacement.